DRI is currently recruiting an intern for its Berlin headquarters to support DRI’s Programme Unit (PU). Specifically, you will support the PU’s GSP+ Global programme in the areas of communications, project administration, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting. More information on the programme can be found here: https://democracy-reporting.org/de/country/gsp/
- Contribute to the research, drafting and editing of the programme’s final narrative and financial reports;
- Assist in checking project expenses and justification documents;
- Support the reconciliation of bookkeeping records;
- Assist in the proper archiving and filing of programmatic and financial files, databases and other resources;
- Contribute to writing and editing website stories, newsletter articles and content for social media channels;
- Provide support to project monitoring, evaluation and learning tasks;
- Other relevant duties as required.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field is required;
- Previous office experience is required;
- Proficiency in key computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel is required;
- Experience in research and reporting is desirable;
- Experience in bookkeeping, accounting or other finance-related tasks is desirable;
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning tasks is desirable;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; Spanish, German, and/or Portuguese language skills are desirable;
- Good communication and negotiation skills and ability to work as part of a culturally diverse team is required;
- Student status; must be enrolled in university throughout the duration of the internship;
- Working permit for Germany (if you are a foreign student).
What we offer
- The internship is for a minimum of 24 hours per week, starting 24 August 2020 for a duration of three months.
- A monthly internship allowance of 400 € pro rata (based on a 40 hour work week) will be provided, unless you already receive funding from any other source, such as from Erasmus.
- DRI offers you an internship with flexible working hours and the opportunity to work in a diverse team in the heart of Berlin, where everybody is on first name terms with each other.
DRI is committed to diversity and does not discriminate in employment based upon gender (including pregnancy), race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, age, ability, socio-economic status, or any other status protected by the laws in the locations where we operate.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application, including cover letter and CV. The deadline for applications is 23:59 CET, on 2 August 2020.
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is an international, not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation committed to political participation and democratic governance around the world. DRI headquarters is located in Berlin (HQ); DRI has country offices in Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Lebanon, and Ukraine and works with local partners in a number of other countries. The working language is English.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you for your interest in Democracy Reporting International. Please fill out the following short form in order to submit your application.
If you have any difficulties uploading your data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.